Friday, November 10, 2017

J is for Joy Fold

We are up to Day 11 and the letter "J". This Month of Holiday Cards at Beccy's Place is really stretching me and it's been fun trying new things. Today I tried a Joy Fold Card for the first time.


I made a top folding Joy Fold card rather than a side fold. All of the designer paper is scraps from my scrap box. The poinsettias are from Beccy's Place. I fussy cut them and popped the single bloom up as the catch for the top card. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the border. Here's an inside view.


I used the same spray of poinsettias on the inside of the card also. The sentiment was computer generated and framed with MFT Single Stitched Frames.
I am entering these challenges:

I have the twins all day tomorrow and possibly Sunday too. So there may not be much time to craft this weekend. I'll just take it as it comes and hopefully catch up next week. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by.

Donna

11 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

I love your Joy Fold card. I'll have to make one :). Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

LisaM said...

What a cool card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Cards In Envy!

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, that is a wonderful layout.

Beccy said...

I love your top folding Joy Fold card Donna, you've done a great job. I like the way you used the single flower as a closure, that was a clever idea. I also like the way you've decorated all the different sections of the card. Beautiful!
Cheers,
Beccy

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful fold! I love the pretty flowers too.
Did you get an email from me about joining a group on SCS with card kits each month???

NanaConnie said...

First saw this at Beccy's Place, then at Outlawz and now I'm here with a DT hat on my head. :-D Love the way you did the "Z" fold! I'm so tickled to see you playing in our "Anything Goes/Touch of Gold" challenge this week at QKR Stampede. We do appreciate our regular players.
NanaConnie

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful sentiment and I really love the fold design! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Creative world said...

Beautiful Christmas card..thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Ċ½eljka DT xx

Pam said...

Your card is so pretty Donna! I love the fold and the pretty punched edge!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Dorothy S said...

What pretty papers for each of the layers - such a lovely final look! Thanks for sharing in the weekly QKR Stampede challenge.
Dorothy S, DT member.

Anjie said...

Great make. Thanks for joining us in our week 45 Anything Goes challenge at Digi Choosday
Anjie (DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...