Saturday, April 7, 2018

Happily Ever After

Happy Saturday! I don't often get a chance to post on the weekend but I am waiting for the twins to arrive for the day and thought I'd get the card up that I made yesterday. This card was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's post yesterday about dimensional sentiments. If you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth the time to watch. I modified it a little bit from her instructions.


The flowers are popped up from the card and have the sentiment stamped on them so you can still read the sentiment. A very cool affect. The bold sentiment is from MFT Together Forever stamp set. The flowers are from Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch Flowers and the leaves are from AlteNew Bold Blossoms stamp set. Jennifer popped up the leaves too but I left the leaves as part of the layer because it would have been too many small pieces since I stamped them too close to the flowers. I think it looks really good though. I added some Neat & Tangle sequins for some sparkle and shine. This will likely be my son's wedding card unless I make another that I like better before the wedding. Hehe! I am entering these challenges:

Well my time is about up. The twins should be here very soon and then I will have to start thinking about lunch. It's amazing how much food those two can eat. They eat just about anything which is good. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Thanks for stopping by and taking some time to check out my blog.

Donna

9 comments:

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Donna, Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog… your card is lovely and fits perfectly with our ‘Favourite Colour’ theme… good luck in the draw and please join us again.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, this is beautiful. Have fun with the twins.

Stef H said...

this is beautiful!

how fun... playing with the twins!!! they just grow up so fast. jade came with me to easter service and nobody recognized her. when i told them who she was, they was as excited as they were shocked! they hadn't seen her in over 3 yrs and she IS a beauty. she at least said she was glad she went to service. fills my hear <3

have a great week. we need to FIRE mother nature LOL

Pam said...

Oh Donna, this wedding card is simply beautiful! I love the technique you used and the pretty colors and bit of sparkle. I am sure your son and his new bride will love it! I hope you have fun with the twins (I know you will). I am getting ready to make a Cinderella dress for Ruby. They are going to Disney Princesses on Ice in Orlando next month. I found an awesome buy on the fabric at JoAnn Fabrics. The beautiful blue sparkly fabric was marked down to 2.50 a yard and the tulle netting was marked down to 59 cents a yard WOO-HOO!!! Don't you LOVE bargains! I even found myself an adorable top pattern with several sleeve variations for 1.99!
Anyway, I love, love, love your beautiful card, it's one of my favorites that you have made!!!
Hugs,
Pam

Laura ElleBi said...

What a lovely card!

Thanks for joining crafty Friends
DT Laura

CraftyNatalie said...

Lovely CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Through the craft room door this week.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a pretty card!

Janice said...

Such a pretty floral card, great interpretation of the sketch Donna.

Nance said...

Very pretty card. Love the raised dimension of the sentiment. Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Forgive me for being late in commenting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...