Tuesday, May 22, 2012

More Camp Crafts

The clock is ticking and it won't be long before camp will be here. So this past weekend I worked on crafts for the Girl Scout day camp. Here's what the girls will be working on this year.

Here's a popsicle stick bird feeder. I found colored popsicle sticks at the Dollar Store. The bird perch is a tongue depressor and I used telephone wire for the hanger.

This is my book worm made from a tongue depressor and yarn. Very easy knots tie the yarn down and he gets finished with wiggle eyes. Makes a cute bookmark.

This little colorful caterpillar magnet will look so cute on the frig. Very easy for our little Girl Scouts.

And last but not least is a simple embroidery project using a styrofoam plate and yarn. Our theme this year is Girl Scout Traditions since it's the 100th anniversary of Girl Scouting. Sewing was one of the first skills that Juliette Gordon Low taught her girls.
I have two more projects to make samples for. I have to clean out and organize the shed this weekend and pack everything that will be going to camp. Lots of work to go.
Thanks for stopping by today! Hope your week is going well.

Donna

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, my gosh! Those are awesome crafts! How fun are you!

Glenda Atkins said...

What a fun time you all will be having at camp, I think I want to come:O) The bird feeder looks so colorful, it will be a pretty sight swinging in the breeze.

Stef H said...

oh that catepillar magnet is adorable and all the rest are very creative.

so? has the summer weather hit you there yet? it's gonna be in the 90s for the holiday weekend. guess where i'll be? INDOORS for sure!

wishing you a spectacular, safe and blessed holiday weekend.

big hugs, my friend.

Ellis said...

Such fun projects you have made, they look great! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...